Thursday, March 29, 2007

Today I was matched with a superhero

eHarmony has been going really slow lately. All the people I've been communicating with haven't made a move in 2-3 days. eHarmony up until a couple of days ago would send me about 4-5 matches a day. Lately I've been getting none.

Until today...

Storm was his name. I only wish I was kidding. Storm is passionate about stopping evil people from doing evil things. The most influential person is his life was the unknown hero or heroine who helps a stranger through a time of crisis and then disappears. The first thing one would notice about him when they met him were that his eyes were hazel and dreamy. Of his list of 5 things he can't live without one was sharing sexual fantasies.

My biggest disappointment was that there were no pictures! After making such a mockery of everything else why didn't he post a silly photo of him in tights and a cape? Maybe then i would have actually wrote!

So yeah... High quality match there. I considered it for a second because I do have a thing for superheros. But since they don't exist in reality I decided to close the match. eHarmony gives options of reasons why you want to close the match to send to the person. I chose the most ridiculous I could find. "The distance between us is too great" (he lives in SD). "The difference in age is too great" (he's 31). Then our difference in values and family background is too great.

eHarmony isn't all that cheap. I was trying to understand why someone would waste their money making a bogus profile. My current theory is that he tried it for real for a while. He hated it and thought women only wanted superheros or something. Gave up and left up a bogus profile for the remainder of his contract.

This weekend - Joshua Tree!! Woot!
Monday - I start my new class. I'm taking a class called Public Relations Tools and Tactics. I hope it's not *too* much work! I've got a lot going on in the next couple of months!

No comments: