Thursday, March 08, 2007

online dating... week #1

You guessed it I'm single! It yet another effort to "meet Mr. Right" i signed up for eHarmony this past weekend. For those of you who don't know how it works you:

1. Answer a buttload of questions about yourself (I did this drunk... wonder if that'll affect my
matches).

2. eHarmony "introduces" you to a few people.

3. You enter "guided communication" with ones you're interested in. This involves choosing
several questions to ask them, exchanging lists of 10 Must Have's and 10 Can't Stands, etc.

4. If you're still remotely interested you can now enter "open communication". All this
means is that you can start emailing about whatever you want and take it from there.

I've been getting roughly 5 matches a day every day now. On average there's about one that's somewhat interesting. I'm trying to be open minded in terms of looks. Things started off pretty well the first few days of communicating, but they feel somewhat stalled right now. It's kind of lame. Like a match and I will get 'stuck' at a stage of the communication and I dont' get to know why. Maybe they're too lazy to close out the match, or they don't log on daily, who the hell knows...

I'm trying to stay optimistic... See how it goes!

No comments: