Friday, March 16, 2007

Open for business!

So it's been about 2 weeks on eHarmony and finally I'm in "open" communication with someone. It's the ecology guy. He just sent me an email with a gazillion questions, so I guess I should get on that. I think I'm comforted that he's also in the sciences, is familiar with academic science, and therefore should have an idea what my world is like. Sometimes I feel like it's difficult to get people outside of grad school to really understand why we put up with some of the bs we put up with. Hell sometimes I'm not sure why I put up with it! So maybe I feel with another scientist I won't have to justify myself? Also I think scientists/grad students tend to have a certain mentality. I'm deathly afraid of not knowing what the hell to talk "career/suit-folk" about. I should learn since I think I'll end up being one at some point!

There's another guy I'll be in open communication with as soon as I write him an email. Not sure why I'm holding back. I think I'll just take the plunge, but how many people do I really want to be emailing at a time? I have a feeling these things will sort of self select.

I entered a March Madness pool. I don't give 2 shits about college basketball, but everyone else on the planet seems to so I figure I might as well have a clue. (Insert South Park joke here, I swear I can't say "clue" without chuckling to myself). I'm not doing so bad ;)

I gotta vent about one stupid thing. For my St. Paddy's (I assumed it was Patty's but an Irish guy recently corrected me) day party I want to give out a door prize for anyone who puts more effort into what they wear other than wearing green. So I went to Vons, CVS, and Ralphs and they all got jack shit. They have every friggin variety of pastel easter candy - bunnies, eggs, etc, but no f'n chocolate shamrocks or leprechauns. I half considered making little baggies of lucky charms or something. Stupid f'n Jesus and Easter and their ironically pagan rituals.

No comments: