Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Paddy's day aftermath

St. Paddy's day was a lot of fun. My roommate and I threw a party which did pretty well. We bought a bunch of beer, made a ton of jello shots, people brought with them lots of beer and liquor and we were all out by the end of the night! I searched all of San Diego for a shamrock cookie cutter so we could make shamrock shaped jello jigglers. I swear I found the very last one in town at Michaels. I got their last one! Success!!

So on Friday ecology guy sent me a message and in it had his real email. He also said that we should meet up before he leaves on his next trip in 2 weeks. I guess he travels a lot for his work. A 'short' trip for him is 2-3 weeks! For some reason I didn't write him back until tonight. I definitely want to meet him, but maybe I just wanted to take a step back since meeting a person is a bigger deal than emailing one. I'm starting to see some of our differences - he's used to the country, thinks San Diego is big (well it is, but it doesn't phase me in the least), drinks 'several times a year'. All that is fine with me actually, it all depends on how he is in person.

There was this other guy who I'm supposed to write in order to initiate open communication. It's been over a week and I haven't done it. Partly because I'm talking to ecology guy. Am I just not that in to him? Nothing jumped out about him that really impressed me, although nothing jumped out at me that seemed wrong either. Like with ecology guy I'm impressed with his job. But maybe it makes him too 'special' and I will find I don't have enough in common with him. Whereas the other guy could be totally awesome and I'm balking cuz there's no 'hook'. Is that lame?

I entered a March Madness pool. Luckily it's just for fun and not for money. I don't care at all about college basketball, but I enter these things just so I have a clue since everyone else on the planet is obsessed. I don't think I can be doing much worse. Already 3 of my final 4 picks have been eliminated - including the ones I had going to the final match up. Miraculously I'm not in last place... yet. At least I'm better at fantasy football!!

No comments: