Sunday, March 11, 2007

Snazzy Profiles!

A few days back my sister looked over my eHarmony profile. She said that me writing "laid back" makes me look like I smoke a lot of pot. I'm not sure after 30 that's still the assumption, but who knows. Then today she sent me a NY Times article about companies that try to improve your online profiles (for a fee of course). The article said that many people are too vague in their profiles using words like "adventurous", "happy", and of course "laid back". It suggested using examples to describe these vague adjectives like "likes to go back packing", "have a great career, family, and friends", and "likes back yard BBQ parties" instead. I recently edited my sister's resume, so I asked her to edit my profile. I'm curious to see what she comes up with!

I updated my pics on myspace recently and ever since then I've been getting way more 'friend requests' and messages. Not that I want to befriend any of these people, but it told me that I should probably use that picture on my eHarmony profile. Wonder if it'll improve things! Being it's the weekend, things picked up a bit - but still slow for my taste.

On a separate note last night I hung out with a few good friends and checked out the Tractor Room. It's a restaurant across from the Hash House on 5th Ave in Hillcrest that's actually owned by the same people. We had heard there'd be good drinks and atmosphere. Turns out it's more of a restaurant than a bar and it's pricey, but the drinks were really good. Not what we were expecting, but not bad. We ended the night at a gay bar I think was called No 1s. It's a dive bar (also in Hillcrest). We were probably the only straight people there. Some guy approached us with a camera and asked if he could take our picture for the Gay and Lesbian Times. The male in our group declined ;) So I won't be providing links to my pic in the G&L Times anytime soon! Ah well...

Holy crap I just checked the outside temp on my computer and it's 87F!!! I should probably go outside!

No comments: