Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weight Watchers... Round 2!

Four years ago I did weight watchers with success. I lost about 20 lbs and was feeling pretty good about myself. Then I gained the weight back and then some. Then I did another diet-tracking system (self.com) and lost enough weight to barely fit into a bridesmaid gown I had ordered the year before. Once that was over I put the weight back on and then some. I'm currently 50 (!!!) pounds heavier than I was when I was post-weight watchers in 2004! What's worse is that every time I go on the scale my weight goes up. It's rising like gas prices!!

I had thought that after I graduated I would get on top of this. Basically I used graduate school as an excuse. After that I used the starting of a new job as an excuse. I've also used, not being in a routine because Brian isn't back, as an excuse as well. I need to stop making excuses.

So I signed up for Weight Watchers last night. I have a daily allowance of Points. Points are calculated from calories, fat grams, and fiber that a particular food item has. I ate what I would normally eat for breakfast and found that it cut into 1/3 of my daily allowance. Yikes.

The more you exercise, the more you're allowed to eat. That's a great motivator to get into the gym! Now I just need to find the time................

Hopefully I don't become 'Points' obsessed.

Wish me luck!

No comments: