Sunday, June 22, 2008

Apartment Hunting

Last apt. hunting post I said that the bf was getting back on July 1st. Well that's now changed to July 20th unfortunately. So it's up to me to find us a place. It's a daunting task. It's one thing looking for myself, but it's another making a decision for someone else. Especially what that someone else's opinion matters a lot to you.

Fortunately, we've been able to discuss what we want together over the phone. We've decided on the North Park/University Heights area. We have quite a few friends who live out there, so it should be a fun place to be.

Yesterday I went there to investigate some of the housing ads from Craigslist. We like the idea of a house, so I went to visit a cottage. It was cute, but it was really small. Even though it was a 2-bedroom, it still felt like we'd be on top of each other (and not in the good way). So, I don't think we'll take that. I then visited an apartment that was really spacious with huge walk in closets in each bedroom. However, it was downstairs, no laundry, and the neighbors were LOUD! I heard their tv, and them running around upstairs. No thanks!

I drove by some other places, so I have a few on the list to call. I'm debating going through one of those agencies. I'm not sure if they could do better than myself? I have no real reason to trust them. My current thought is that if I try for a few weeks on my own and don't find something, I'll turn to them.

No comments: